Summer break is officially here, and this is the last summer I have before my oldest runs off to college…I mean, kindergarten. And if there’s one thing I’ve already learned from the whole week I’ve had all three of them home all the time, it’s that the summer days are long (so, so, so, sooooooo long). So to keep us all sane, we—as a family—came up with our 2018 Summer Bucket List.
The majority of these things will be weekend activities when my husband is home to partake with us. During the week we’ll hang out with friends, and lounging around the house for far too long in our pajamas.
Our 2018 Summer Bucket List
I’m actually pretty curious how many we’ll get to cross off and accomplish this summer. All of them, I hope, but I know real life kicks in, and even though the days are long, the time will go by extremely fast.
I’ll update here as we do things!
- go to the Zoo and the Safari Park (we have a membership, so these will for sure get crossed off)
- hang out at the beach
- have lemonade stand (my husband is currently building them a stand!)
- picnic at the park
- take bella to the beach (bella is our dog, just in case you’re wondering)
- camp in the backyard (this is building up to an actual camp out or glamping)
- watch butterflies
- have a movie night
- swim in pool
- play at the splash pad
- eat breakfast at the beach
- watch the sunset at the beach
- watch clouds go by
- go fly a kite
- check out the fair
- go on a nature scavenger hunt (I need to find a cool one on Pinterest for the kids)
- go for a hike (so many great places around here)
- have a tea party
- enjoy a staycation
- make s’mores
- make homemade ice cream
- make ice cream sandwiches
- send cards to friends
- go geochcaching
- visit sea world
- go strawberry picking
- watch fireworks
- make Popsicles
- make snow cones
- get our faces painted
- go bowling
- visit the library
- go fishing (any local ideas for fishing are more than welcome!)
- check out the natural history museum
What’s YOUR Plan for the Summer
Since we already went on our summer vacation, this is pretty much our plan for the next few months. What are you up to? Any ideas I don’t have on our list that are great for young kids? Share them below!