I used to be pretty crafty back in the day. Then I became a mom, and I thought I’d be a cool, crafty mom. But here’s the thing…being a cool, crafty mom takes a lot of time and energy…and I’m lazy (or maybe just tired). But I feel like these Mini Mummy Pizzas are a total home run and look like they take a lot of effort, but really, they’re super easy.
And by “easy” I mean it’s four ingredients, and I’m creating this whole post while they’re baking. WINNING.
Oh, and my kids eat them every time I make them (which isn’t just for Halloween).
Sometimes I let them help me make them (not as easy), and sometimes I bust them out while they watch Daniel Tiger (way easier).
Either way, they’re a win in my book, so hopefully you’ll try them, too!
Make Your Own Mini Mummy Pizzas
Mini Mummy Pizzas
- 1 pkg 8 oz refrigerated seamless crescent dough
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 3 sticks string cheese
- 1 can small sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove dough from package (do not unroll); cut dough into 12 even discs. Press discs evenly into the wells of Brownie Pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While crust is baking, take each string cheese and cut or tear in half. Then, "peel" the cheese so you have lots of "strings" of cheese. Set aside.
- Make a small indention in crust with the back of the spoon. Spoon about one tsp of sauce over each crust.
- Layer cheese at angles over the sauce to form the “wraps” of the mummy face.
- Place olives on each pizza to make the eyes
- Put back in the oven for about 5-10 minutes so cheese can melt a little bit. Cool for 5-ish minutes, then serve!
Fun Extra Tools to Make The Mini Mummy Pizzas
Just in case you don’t have any of these delightful tools…you need them in your life!
You can use this Brownie Pan for so much more than just brownies…but brownies in them are pretty darn delicious! Open up your can of olives without fear of cutting yourself with the Smooth-Edge Can Opener. Then, drain all the olive juice without getting liquid all over you with this little Can Strainer. These Small Flexible Cutting Mats are essential, especially if kids help you in the kitchen.
A Mummy Pizza Warning:
Fair warning..you may want to double these, and they are great for lunches the next day!