Standing at the back of a 15-person line this morning to get coffee on campus at Java City let me know I was not the only person whos weekend caught up with them. It’s not surprising I’m feeling sluggish and exhausted though..not with the weekend I had!

Las Cruces was graced with the presence of two of my closest friends, Jeff and Eric, this weekend. They, under absolutely no pressure *ha ha*, came down here to hang out.

We spent Friday night hanging out at Hurricane Alley and listening to bands that had the volume up WAY too loud. I still don’t really see the concept of a bar: Let’s put a whole bunch of (probably) horny young adults in one place with a lot of alcohol. Let’s also let bands play really really really loud so you can’t hear a single word the person right next to you is saying. In the mean time, you have to try to have, hold and make a good impression with your new friend all while screaming and pretending you understood what the other person was saying. All in all Hurricane wasn’t too bad; my ears rang for the entire car-ride back home, but I was slightly on the drunk side so it didn’t bother me too much. I was also very content drinking my little 8oz. can of coors Light – ADORABLE! I think my head hit my pillow around 3 a.m. that night – that was after we all watched Cinderella…I mean…we watched Fight Club…

Saturday morning instead of being woken up by the sound of chirping birds or sunlight beaming through my window, I was awakened by the sound of clinking pans, rushing water and the sound of cabinets slamming open and shut; Emily was making breakfast, bless her. About an hour later – still in bed, in and out of sleep – I heard LOUD NOISES coming from the living room – our landlord was in town and decided it would be a fabulous idea to HAMMER the cabinate door back on -gggrrrr, angry face! He was there to turn on the cooler, but instead of doing that we heard hammering on the roof – we don’t know what he was doing. What I do know is that we would not be sleeping anymore that morning. I did, however manage to write two articles in the midst of all the noise.

We decided to take a trip into Mexico that afternoon before the party – that was awesome. It was the first time I have been in Mexico during the day – phew, now when I say I’ve been to Mexico I at least have another story to talk about besides getting wasted for $10!!! We just walked around the mercado and had a pretty good lunch, mind would have been better if it had some green chile on it though! We decided the beer is way better in Mexico…mm….beer.

Instead of taking a nap, like Eric managed to take, the girls and I laid on my bed and acted really silly. I don’t even know what we were doing! We started out just talking and then talking went to just saying random words, then random words became silly noises. Needless to say, there was a lot of laughing going on. We were being pretty loud and I actually felt bad for Jeff because we kept him awake!

I hit a low right after that; the house was dark and we were all pretty tired…the last thing I wanted to do was host a party at our house. Nine-thirty rolled around and nobody was at the party…the clock struck 10 p.m. and again, nobody was there. I was fading with each tick of the clock and promised myself if people didn’t show up by 11 p.m. I was going to call it a night. Then, at exactly 10:45, our house went from about 7 people to more than 20…the kitchen was full and people started filling up the Fiesta Room.

The coolest part about Emily’s 21st is that EVERYBODY dressed up – there were some pretty amazing and creative costumes – I love my friends and how silly we can still act. Here we were, only about two or three people still under the age of 21, and everyone was dressed up as a super hero – heck yes!

I have to admit that the highlight of my night was getting into a pillow fight and water fight. I’ve seen it happen in movies and I’ve always thought it looked so spontainous and fun, but I had never actually seen it in real life. I don’t know how the pillow fight started, but it was in the living room and it was a lot of fun! I suppose I started the water fight (if we really want to point fingers). I took the liberty of initiating Eric into the “Rub Club” and instead of just enjoying the water on his crotch he decided he needed to return the favor by getting everyone in the kitchen wet! By the time the ‘fight’ was over, I could wring the water out of my hair and we had to clean up the floor in the kitchen because it was soaked with water! Lol..we scooted around with little towels under our feet – we looked like penguins!

(i’m trying to move this blog along….) Since it was Emily’s birthday she got completely trashed, which left everyone to call SAFE-RIDE for a ride back to their house, I found that funny! The last of the party-goers left around 5:30ish in the morning. So much for an early night…I clocked out at 5:56a.m.

Sunday was a nice chill day…had an amazing breakfast at Sunset Grill in Sonoma Ranch – i’ll be going back there soon…amazing green/red chile! Then we said bye to the boys 🙁 Sad times, as always. And I passed out until later that night.

I can’t believe how fast this semester is going by. Not including this week, we have four weeks of class left. This weekend is Easter so I’m going home..then I’m going back the weekend after for a concert. Basically I have about 20 days of school left – I can do this.

Thanks for reading 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.