There’s something about a cupcake that instantly makes me happy. They’re so cute and perfectly proportioned that they practically beg you to enjoy an entire cupcake all by yourself—sharing is definitely not allowed. Seriously though, even people (like me) who claim they don’t like “sweets” or cake typically like cupcakes, because what’s not to love? Nothing. There is nothing bad about a cupcake. (Except sometimes I think I’ll actually gain weight just by looking at a cupcake, but that’s another story for another day…)
With that said, last week I saw something amazing on another blog, and I am blatantly stealing her idea. Staci (Staci Edwards Design Blog) came up with “Bake-N-Blog,” a baking project where bloggers (you!) pick a cupcake—any cupcake—from a particular list and then everyone blogs about their creation on a specific day. Basically, it’s cupcake heaven and I’ll be able to live vicariously through your blogs instead of gaining 20 pounds by making them all myself.
The idea kinda makes your lips smack and your mouth water a little bit, right? At least that’s what happened to me! So I quickly emailed Staci and asked if she minded me borrowing her Bake-N-Blog** idea, because I had a feeling you guys would love to get involved in the action, and she told me to go forth and bake. Because really, life is too short to just enjoy cupcakes made from a box. (And for the record, I don’t think I’ve ever baked anything from scratch, so this will be a challenge for me, too.)
So what do you say?
Are you in?
1. Go to Ming Makes Cupcakes and pick the cupcake you want to make (there are 33 to choose from)*. It’s okay if people pick the same cupcake, but it’d be cool if there’s a plethora of recipes represented.
2. Come back here and leave comment with your name, your blog’s name, and what cupcake you’re making. Check out this page to see who’s making what (I’ll update it periodically).
3. Between now and Thursday, September 15, make your cupcakes and take pictures along the way. (See The Pioneer Woman if you need examples!)
4. On September 14 I’ll post a blog with all of the participants and what everyone is making. This will be your reminder to get your posts ready…
5. On September 15 post your cupcake creation on your blog with your experience making them, come back here to link it up, then check out what everyone else made!
6. Also—and this is the awesome part, so pay attention—all of those who post their cupcake-making adventure and link it to this blog on the 15th will be entered to win the book Hello, Cupcake and possibly some other fun cupcake goodies I find between now and then. I’ll pick a winner the morning of the 16th!
*Click on “Text” at the top of her blog to get the text version of each recipe.
**Did anyone else notice that if “Bake-N-Blog” sounds a lot like “Bacon Blog”? Mmmm…bacon!