This past friday I went to my (Air Force) base’s Heart Link session and really enjoyed it. Basically, it’s like an orientation to the Air Force and your new base. This particular session had a tour of the area and base after the introduction portion, but I don’t think all Heart Link sessions have tours of the surrounding area (I could be wrong). It was also a great place to network and meet new people!
Along with all the stuff they gave you—seriously, go for the free swag if nothing else!—they handed out a piece of paper I wanted to share with you. I’m sure several of you may have seen this before, but it was my first time reading it and several of them made me laugh, so I figured there are others out there who may enjoy it.
Ten Commandments for Military Spouses
1. Thou shalt not write in ink in they address book.
2. Thou shalt not covet choice assignments of other uniformed branches of servic.
3. Love thy neighbor (’tis easier if thou buyest a house on a corner).
4. Honor thy commissary and exchange for as long as they both shall live.
5. Thou shalt not ridicule a local politician, for mighty senators from local politicians grow.
6. Thou shalt look for the best in every assignment, even though the best may be “World’s Biggest Cockroaches” or “Record Snow in One month’s time” or “Most Childhod Diseases Experienced in One Year’s Time.”
7. Thou shalt remember all thy friends from all thy assignments with greetings at Christmas, for thou never knowest when thou might like to spend the night with them whil en-route to a new base.
8. Be kind and gentle to retired, white haired exchange and commissary customers, because thou, too, will be a retiree some day.
9. Thou shalt not curse thy spouse when he/she is TDY on moving day.
10. Thou must never arrive at a new base and constantly brag about how everything was much better at thy last base.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.