Friday Fill-In (on Thursday)
Here are my answers (a day early) to Wife of a Sailor’s questions:
1. Do you set goals for yourself during deployment? What are some of them? (from Military Mommy) I kinda sorta set goals. Actually, since I started my 101 in 1001 challenge, I had 101 goals I could work through!
2. What would you say to someone dating a military guy or gal? (from Mothering Off the Cuff) Ask questions and know what you’re getting yourself into. Sure, there are things they can’t tell you for obvious reasons, but know what your significant other does for a living and be able to have a conversation about it, because it will help you when you meet other wives/girlfriends/fiances. Also, realize that they will most likely be gone a lot and you’ll be alone a lot. You have to have patience—something I’m working really hard on right now—and to be able to go with the flow. Educate yourself with as much as you can about his lifestyle and job.
3. If you have children, how do you prepare them to move to a new place? (from The Random Ramblings of A Household 6) No kiddos for us, just a dog and I’m pretty sure she’ll require some meds, because she gets car sick within five minutes of being in a vehicle. Awesome.
4. Name one hobby that gets you through alone time. (from My Sailor’s Mistress) Blogging and NCIS.
5. What’s the one food you don’t ever get tired of? (from That Army Wife Life) Green chile. Not 100% you know what I’m talking about? Read this 🙂
LOL Our dog gets car sick too. I had to put him to sleep almost to make our trek cross country. When we put him in a car without starting it, he panics and starts heaving everywhere. So much for a big guard dog that he's supposed to be. lol