Have you seen the dialect vlogs popping up around the blogosphere lately? Essentially, there’s a list of words to read and a set of questions to answer out loud, and the fun part is seeing how we say things differently than you say them. Easy, peasy, right?
Heh. Well if I was going to get suckered into doing this—okay, it actually looked like fun, so nobody had to twist my arm—I wasn’t going at it alone. I basically voluntold my husband that he would participate with me. I sincerely apologize for the lack of seriousness he takes with this challenge. I’m also sorry that I didn’t shower this morning and attempt to do something with my hair/face/entire look.
I’ll stop blabbing (figuratively) and let you listen (literally) to what we sound like. By the way, this is the first time I’ve ever done a vlog and whoa boy…it’s a whole other ball game when my face and voice is on the screen!
Follow along (and pay close attention, because I may or may not get a bit confused):
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
I really hope you enjoyed that, because I keep laughing every time I watch it. Do you pronounce anything different? Create your own vlog and let me know! And in the mean time, here are a few blog friends participating (let me know if you did it so I can link you!)