Rambling on a Sunday
Because my husband is outside in the frigid cold working on his car, and I’m inside with a nice warm cup of (decaf) hazelnut coffee, I figured this would be a good time to share random stuff on my mind.
- I don’t know what got into me this week, but I blogged every single day (well, not yesterday, but I’m talking about during the work week). I can’t even remember the last time that happened. I’m also all caught up on my Google Reader and I have four posts ready to publish once this little girl makes her debut; I want more, but it’s a start. It was a good blogging week, but please don’t ask me if my hospital bag is completely packed yet…because it’s not. Priorities, I know.
- I seriously think I’m in denial that this rambunctious baby in my belly is going to be in my arms soon.
- Speaking of the baby, I started nesting, but not in the traditional sense. I’ve been busy making our favorite meals into freezer meals so that I won’t have to cook much once she’s here. (Anyone interested in a post with what meals/recipes I’ve made/prepped?) It feels good to know I won’t have to be in the kitchen too often. It’s kind of ridiculous how long it’s taking to make these, but they’re slowly coming along. I literally have a chair in the kitchen and I sit down to chop or mix things, or I’ll bring a cutting board into the living room and sit and chop stuff while sitting on the couch. Hey, whatever works! Oh, fun fact: my belly is so big that it actually got a little too close to the stove making taco meat last night. My husband came and made me sit down while he took over. The belly was a little warm (not hot, don’t worry), but it just made me laugh.
- My blogiversary is in two days and it marks EIGHT years of writing over here. In the past I’ve usually done some sort of fun giveaway, but I’ve had zero motivation to get something together this time around. Instead, I’m working on taking this space to a new little level by offering sponsorship opportunities. Through the month of February, you can get 50% off the price of an ad by using the code “NEWLOVE“. That’s a pretty sweet deal if you ask me! Check out the sponsor page for more info.
- I’m still accepting questions for my Q&A post. It’s been fun reading what you guys want to know, so keep them coming! Head on over to the contact page for how you can get in touch…or just leave a comment with your question—you can be anonymous, too! I’ll run a post with all the answers once the baby’s here, so stay tuned!
- Here are the posts I wrote this week in case you missed something and are just dying to catch up:
- The Silent Treatment at Ikea (a riveting tale of a real-life rift between husband and wife)
- Bumpdate: 36 Weeks (time keeps flying by!)
- Smitten with Pizza (a super-fast pizza dough recipe. And now I’m hungry)
- It’s Okay (a post where I confess things and justify them for being okay)
- Five for Friday (it’s back again!)
- My town is celebrating Carnevale today and I can’t wait for the parade this afternoon. The festivities last year ended up being one of my favorite days in Italy, so I’m pretty darn excited for round two. I’ll most likely take more photos with my phone today than the real camera, so keep an eye out for pictures on the FB page or Instagram. Last year I wrote about Maniago’s parade (my town) here and here, and this post is about Carnevale in Venice.
- We found Nemo yesterday on our way home from lunch. It turns out he made it all the way to Italy! Seriously, though. If you got hit by that blizzard I really hope you’re staying warm!
That’s all for now! I hope you’re staying warm and are enjoying your weekend 🙂
So impressed with all your cooking and chopping! I'd love to know what recipes you're making! Have fun today!
I love that you're blogging so much! Haha. It's unbelievable that your baby will be here soon too. It'll be so great! And you'll find time to blog when she comes, I did!
I was in Nice a few years ago for Carnivale, and I loved it!
As someone too tired to cook during the week, I would love your freezer recipes. 🙂
Oh my gosh, I LOVE Carnevale! I lived in Torino for 9 months for a study abroad program and it was such a fun time of year to be in Italy because of all the festivals. I hope you will tell us more and share some pics if you can. 🙂
Also, I would so love for you to share some freezer meals. I always get stuck on what to make and can't think outside of lasagna and enchiladas. LOL! 🙂
I would be interested in seeing what you made for your freezer meals! I have been doing this on and off for a few months and need some new ideas/recipes! 🙂