First of all, two weeks FLIES by. Like in the blink of an eye. I mean, she’s practically starting kindergarten already and I think the next time I blink she’ll be starting college. I’m not ready for her to grow up! In all seriousness, though, I really can’t believe that this time two weeks ago I was in the middle of labor; a labor that lasted 14 hours and consisted of three and a half hours of pushing. (I wrote this yesterday, but I’m just now getting around to finishing it.) (Also, that reminds me that I haven’t shared her birth story. That will come later…I don’t even know how I found the time or energy to write this.)
So what’s happened in the last two weeks? Well first of all, I’m slightly jealous of all of the women who told me I wouldn’t leave my house during the first few weeks of being a new mom. Lies. All lies. In the 14 days that she’s been here I’ve been to base almost every day (thankfully we don’t have appointments on the weekends), so that makes for an exhausting day, especially when just about every appointment is running late. I’ve also run into a couple bumps during recovery. Let’s just say that I wish I could’ve received an epidural earlier this week.
Sorry, this isn’t the post to over-share with too much information. That post will come later, don’t you worry! Now back to my little sweet pea.
I’m so completely head over heals for this little girl that all I want to do is snuggle and look into her big eyes. It takes everything in me to not wake her up when she’s sleeping, and don’t even get me started on the adorable little squeaks and other newborn noises that she makes all the time. I just love her so much! (She was in the position below a lot during her first few days and it reminded us of a little T-Rex; she has large feet and when she moved her arms up like that she was like a little dinosaur!)
We even got a special visitor when Julia was just a week old! My mom flew out here last week and has been a lifesaver with helping us out. I can’t tell you how nice it is having her here, especially since my husband already went back to work earlier this week. She leaves this week and I just don’t even want to think about not having her around to help anymore.
Okay, I’m running out of time before our little JuJu Bean wakes up and needs to eat again, so here are the highlights from the past two weeks that I want to remember:
- She has long fingers and huge feet with cute, long toes.
- She makes a little “oh” with her mouth and raises her eyebrows at the same time. So. Cute.
- She has my husband’s lips, feet, and toes (I bet she’ll be tall).
- Her little button nose is freaking adorable and I kiss it all the time.
- I’m still shocked she doesn’t have more hair…so much for that old-wives tale!
- Speaking of hair, it’s so light! You can barely see her eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Her forehead wrinkles when she raises her eyebrows.
- It breaks my heart when she cries.
- Her bottom lip quivers when she cries sometimes.
- We’ve already taken a video of her pooping. Yeah…we became those parents last week. (Couldn’t help it—they sound like explosions and she gets the most serious look on her face. Hilarious. Plus, we’ll need blackmail material for when she’s older.)
- My husband is already an amazing dad. The best, actually.
- Things I want to remember:
- Bouncing on the yoga ball (bouncy, bouncy, bouncy!)
- “Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle…wiggle.”
- Doing the “T-Rex” walk with her (rumpadumpadump ahhh rumpadumpadump)
- He’s a baby whisperer with his “ssssssshhhhhhing.”
- I melt whenever he holds her against his chest
- Totally jealous of his long legs and arms…she fits so snug with him.
If you follow me on Instagram you’ve probably already seen these photos. I’ve taken hundreds more on the real camera, but I’m just now getting around to uploading them, so who knows when I’ll have the time to go through them—it’s hard when you’re only home on the weekend! I have a feeling this blog will just see camera photos for the time being and I make no apologies for that.
Well that’s all from me for now! I have a little girl who needs my lovin’ )