My mama told me I had to come up with a list of allllllll the stuff I want for this thing called “Christmas.” She told me that she already wrote one and so did papa, but I don’t know why she wants a list, because I already get everything I want. It’s pretty neat, actually; I just cry or give her the biggest, saddest, eyes ever and she rushes right over and gives me what I want (which is usually milk or to be picked up…being on the floor all alone gets sad.) Hey, Santa! We have something in common—we both like milk! Mama says I’m still too little to have cookies, though. Maybe next year we can share some milk and cookies together? Anyway, here are some fun things that would be nice to have for the upcoming year. But if I don’t get them all, that’s okay, papa says I’ll just play with the paper or boxes instead of what’s inside anyway. Okay, bye!
1. Pretty Bedding. My mama told me about this bedding set while I was living in her tummy. She used to say how pretty it was and how it’d be perfect for a little traveler like me. I remember she also said it looked soft (I like comfy things), girly (hey, I’m a girl!), and would look fantastic in my room. I must admit, she’s completely right—this would look perfect in my room. She was going to get it, but then she realized it was a little bit expensive, so instead she picked up a (not so comfy) sheet from this place called Target instead. Anyway, Santa, this is a wish list, so I’m putting it on there just in case! (from Carousel Designs; bumper with ruffles, $127; 14″ crib skirt, $97; solid silver gray crib sheet, $24)
2. Etsy Gift Card. I know this doesn’t sound like a lot of fun, but trust me, it’s for the best. I can’t show you exactly what it is that I want, because I’m not 100 percent sure what I want. It’s for my room and it’s the last piece of the puzzle to make the whole thing look awesome. I’m still deciding between two different things, so if I get a gift card, it would buy me more time to figure out which one I really want. Trust me, though, this thing is so cool and I promise I’ll show you what it is!
(from Etsy, any amount will be great)
3. Headbands. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I need more of these in my life!! They are oh, so pretty, and they come in so many colors. When mama and papa open the little pouch where they keep all my headbands I get so excited; it looks like a rainbow exploded in there! I had a bunch of them when I was a little baby, but then I got alllllll big and my head grew, so now none of them fit anymore and that makes me sad. That’s not true, there are about three that fit me now, but I’m getting bored with wearing the same ones over and over again. More colors in a bigger size would be great! (from ElluraSage, starting at $5.25, but there is almost always a discount code—hooray for discounts)
4. Curtains. I’m just so excited about these I can hardly contain myself. Mama and Papa said they’re going to take the ugly white doors off the closets in my room and put these up instead!! YAY! Now that I’m starting to climb and attempting to walk around, I’m afraid of getting my little fingers smashed in the doors. That would hurt so much and then I’d cry and then Mama would cry. But these curtains will look pretty AND double as doors AND they’d be safe AND they’d be so pretty. Oh wait. I already said that. Whoops. (from Target, $25; I’d like two in pink, please)
5. The Coolest Toy EVER. Yeah, you heard me, Santa, and I’ll say it again: this is the coolest toy EVER! I played with something similar when I went to the doctor’s office and it was SO. MUCH. FUN! There was so much to see and do that I got really sad when Papa picked me up and we had to leave; I didn’t want to stop playing. Plus, Mama says that this one will help me learn. I can learn my ABCs, and my colors, and numbers, and learn all about animals, oh and it has spinny things and
twisty things and zig-zaggy things. Oh my goodness, I want this! (from Target, $50)
6. The most beautiful jacket ever. Dear Santa, this jacket would keep me warm AND I would look oh, so adorable in it. It’s just begging me to wear it, maybe with a pair of white tights and some itty-bitty tiny shoes? Yup, I’d look cute as a button. Wait. I mean, I’d stay warm. Mama told me that if I want to get things they need to be practical, too. Yes, I’d definitely be nice and warm with this jacket. And, BONUS, since I’m so little, I can wear this all the way into spring. Double points for practicality, Santa! (from Old Navy, $35)
7. A Pretty Spiffy Toy. We saw this at the store and—whoa!—it looked like so much fun. There are so many things to do with it. Not only that, but I can play with it when I’m sitting down OR it can help me start walking. Yup, I’m getting close to walking! I love standing up, but I’m still a little wobbly. I bet this toy would stick around for a long time; it’ll grow up with me. (from Amazon, $26)
8. Comfy Bath Mat. One of my favorite parts of the day is getting a bath before bed. It’s so. much. fun! But I think it’d be more fun if Mama and Papa were more comfortable. I feel bad sometimes, because I’m splish-splashing around and they’re trying to make their knees not hurt. This would be nice for bath time. (from Amazon, $25)
9. Little Red Wagon. My papa keeps talking about how cool it would be to have this around. He said I would get to ride in it, which sounds like a blast! I love looking at everything—it’s my favorite—so this would just be so much fun. It’s okay if I don’t get this right away, though; I know I’m still pretty little to take a ride without being strapped into everything. I can see myself in here with my little brothers and/or sisters when we’re older. Dear Santa, can I ask you for siblings, too? (from Amazon $126; the one linked to has the wooden rails)
10. Books. I love it when Mama and Papa read to me and these authors make me giggle out loud all the time, so I’m sure their other books are just as entertaining. Plus, a girl can’t have too many books, right? Papa’s building me some book shelves, so I’ll have plenty of space for more! (from Amazon: Dr. Seuss’s Beginner Book Collection $26; Boynton’s Greatest Hits: Volume 1, $18)
11. Onesie. I mean, do I even need an explanation? (Any other clever-worded onesies work too! (from CafePress, $16)