I’m usually much more prepared for Cinco de Mayo than I am this year. Take last year, for example: I shared all of my favorite Mexican recipes with you. (Seriously, take a look if you need to add something to your menu for tomorrow!) This year, my husband’s taking over. Actually, he’s taking over the entire week and I honestly don’t know too much about what he’s got up his sleeve. He made a secret menu, complete with a secret grocery shopping list, and even dubbed this week “Mother’s Day Week.” This guy’s a keeper!
- Teriyaki Chicken Sunday (with cauliflower rice and grilled pineapple)
- Mexican Monday (I think we’re having green chile chicken enchiladas? Totally not paleo and I’m beyond exited for it!)
- Shrimp Tuesday (I couldn’t tell you anything about this other than the fact that shrimp is on the menu)
- Picnic Wednesday (The husband’s working late that night, so I’m assuming this will be lunch for us…no idea what it entails)
- Steak Thursday
- Pizza Friday (Homemade? Take out? Going out? I guess I’ll wait and see!)
- Roast Hen Saturday (pretty positive it’s this recipe)
- Sunday Surprise (aka Mother’s Day!)
I love how enthusiastic my husband is about celebrating things! I’m excited to see what he has in store for us. Which reminds me—when’s Father’s Day? Looks like I need to start planning something now!
What are you cooking up this week?